green grass

green grass

Thursday, September 2, 2010

over the river and through the woods


fall is finally here!! well, sorta. maybe not technically, but lets just say it is! fall is the official camping time of year, and let me just say how much that excites me :) camping is by far one of my favorite things to do; especially with my family. It's something that I have been doing since I was little, and something that I always want to do with my future family. I am SO looking forward to sitting by the fire, marshmallows (and seeing how big i can get the marshmallow blown up to be) and laughing with the family.

Through the years we've camped in tents and our little pop-up camper, and my grandparents have a big camper trailer. But by far, being in the tent is my favorite. Now that I'm older, I take my own tent and let my parents be in the pop up, that way i can sleep as long as I and have my own area! But it usually gets invaded by my younger cousins by oh, day 2? ;) but I do love them, and especially our Night Walks..to view the "wildlife" (usually consisting of raccoons, skunks and strange people).

I've tent camped in rain, snow, bad storms, and beautiful days; from ohio to wyoming and have learned that an air mattress is the way to go. That way, you don't get wet when you find out that your tent has a leak! ;)

I've got my things packed and ready to go. I'm ready for a weekend away and by the trees somewhere. :) Quilts and blankets for the cold nights, tye-dye fleece ones are especially warm! pillows for comfort, camo ones are especially comfy! and a tote with my clothes and air mattress. (the tote was originally used for a church camp trip a few years ago!) Totes are also water proof and good for setting a clock, flashlight and pocketknife on top of...since you must always be prepared! Extra bag (which doubles for a shower bag for the trek to the shower house) with books, a movie or two, laptop for viewing, papers to grade (im gettin teacher-fied!) and of course, my trusty camera.

have a great weekend everyone!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have a great time, I am not the camping type, but I love the thought of it haha

    ReplyDelete