green grass

green grass

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reading Workshop Week 6: short & sweet (or..sour?)

well, another week, another blog. Things are still going relatively smooth...I reckon. ha. 8th graders are just loud. well, at least my class is. And there is nothing I can do about it. The teacher still has the 'trouble makers' grouped together! silly lady. This week we talked about plot, and the plot characteristics of a story. So for next week (our final week) the kids, split into 3 groups, will be dramatizing a fairy tale. (3 little pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Goldilocks). So for the record, every story is taking place 'in the hood' haha. ohhh this is going to be a hoot! Not much to report on this week, next week will be longer ;) I do have to say that I am having mixed feelings about next week being our final time there, its a little sad, but at the same time, I am doing a happy dance. Its been such a stressful quarter. These kids can be very trying at times, but really, underneath they are good kids just looking for attention. :]

1 comment: