green grass

green grass

Monday, March 15, 2010

think spring.. think spring.. think spring :)



what a week its been! and thus starts another! whew..i sure am glad this is finals week, and next is Spring break! Being an english major does have its perks when it comes to finals...usually a paper is only due, and no final exam! yay! so i only have two exams this week..philosophy and biology..which shouldnt be that hard!

lets talk about this photo... so last thursday, i was having the most terrible day. From my waking moment, it started going downhill. Once i got home, i pulled the trashcan in from the curb, because i was the first one home that day (which usually neverrr happens) and with our garage door up, our backdoor will slam shut and lock if there is any wind at all..and there was a slight breeze. So it decided to slam shut in my face right as i was getting ready to walk back through. Now, it wouldnt have been so bad if i hadnt left my cellphone sitting on the woodstove in the garage.. sigh..so i stand there for a few moments, trying to decide what to do as the sky opens and starts to drizzle on me..i pull over a chair to the trashcan i had just put in the corner by the fence ( a six foot wooden privacy fence, by the way) and hop up on the trashcan, then proceed to climb over. I jumped over in the neighbors yard, because that was the best option, where i had about an inch ledge to balance myself on. Catch one: i had my sonoma slip-on shoes on, which would never have helped my balance..so i took them off (note one: it was rainy and muddy). so now I am doing this in socks..as I land on the other side of the fence, I land in a mud puddle..well, not actually a puddle, just a big pile of mud, period. so now, I take off my socks, and trek around the neighbors yard (they werent home fyi) because i did not want to jump yet another fence to take the shortcut..now to catch number two: there was a key to our gate hidden in our back yard..i totally forgot about it in my frustration..(and hey, my urgent need to pee overshadowed clear thinking) But hey, at least i had an adventure..although ive been laughed at by my family nonstop for doing this.. :)

I'm currently in the process of packing up my room! over my break I'm going to redecorate and paint. Mama wants it to match the rest of the house (its a light blue/white swirl type of thing now) and I want to make it look a little more "grown-up". I think i'll be adding some photos and such, and I'll post some pictures of the finished room when i get done! :)

Other news...missions conference is in a week! yay ..although I got some slightly disappointing news regarding an issue i had been praying about, and with some bad timing of other events, I've been dealing with a disappointed heart. But i'm keeping my head up, and remembering that God's timing is best in every situation..although its so hard to accept sometimes..

With next week being spring break, I'm definitely planning an photography outing! I've already decided on the first warm clear day, I'm heading out and about! gonna fill up my car and head out probably towards Germantown/Farmersville and who knows where else! I'll probably tuck in the GPS, just in case..but I'm excited for an adventure..haha..adventures are my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I am glad you elaborated on the whole jumping the fence bit. It is a little funny now, although I am sure it wasn't then! I hate when things like that happen! Secondly, good luck on the finals- you will do great. Thirdly, I am sorry that you are a little disappointed, but God always has a plan- which you know. It will turn out in the end. And fourthly I am hoping to see lots of great pictures from your spring break outing. I hope we do have good weather. Oh and good luck on your room!

    ReplyDelete