green grass

green grass

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cancer just sucks

I have this friend.. Actually, he's more like a little brother to me. I've known him since the beginning of our lives, our dads work together and are best friends; having been so since teenagers, and our moms are great friends too. I've always been in church with the family, and Zack is the best picture of a godly young man I know. He's a senior, 17, leads the singing at church, and has leukemia. Bad leukemia.

Tonight this kid is laying in a Cincinnati hospital bed,  burning up with a dangerously high fever, vomiting, and scared. He's been sick for almost a year now, and has never complained once. He's been to church as much as he can, and loves God beyond everything. Zack needs every prayer he can.

I am absolutely heartbroken for him and his family. His situation is very bad, and I truly love this guy  with every "big sister" role I've never been able to genetically be. Please pray for him, send positive thoughts up if you do not pray; but I am a strong and firm believer that prayer does work, and God is so real in our lives. We are praying for his complete healing and full recovery, but mostly, we are praying for God's will. I am scared, nervous and emotional for him, his parents, and brother. Please, please pray.

Cancer just sucks, but God is ALWAYS good, merciful, and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment