green grass

green grass

Friday, August 6, 2010

the newbie :)


Starting August 16th, one of my new titles will be Miss Myers as I will be starting my undergrad student teaching at Trotwood-Madison HS. It seems crazy!! I am so very excited to be starting, but yet, I am absolutely scared out of my mind. Even thinking about it gives me butterflies in my tummy! The teacher I will be under is a very nice lady, just 29 herself, and has been teaching at TM for seven years. This year she will be having all freshmen (this will be fun…). Maybe my experience at Dayton View Academy last spring was just the prep to what I will be experiencing at TM.

Yesterday was a shopping day to get “teacher clothes”, and I came home with some good stuff, and from good deals! I spotted a $12 pair of gray pants that were regularly 60 bucks! Though I hate shopping, I do love finding good deals ;).

This morning I went out to TM to have my picture taken for my ID I must wear. Walking out the door, I asked my mama if I looked alright, and if I looked teacher-fied. (yes, that’s a word in AnnieVocab) I think she got a little choked up about her little girl growing up and so close to being a full-fledged teacher. I love my parents SO very much and words can’t explain how much they have helped me become the person that I am; and no matter how much I’ll deny it, I’ll always be their little girl!

I covet your prayers for a few things. One: my SANITY! (Haha) Two: that I will be able to influence and impact these young adults to become better than they are. And Three: that I will have the courage and patience to keep up with these kids, as well as do other class-work outside of being at TM.

Well, now I suppose its back to packing and prepping for my family vacation to GA! Now that is definitely something I am SOOO looking forward too! A week of relaxing and fishing and boating and reading and did I mention relaxing? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I bet you were totally teacher-fied! Prayers going up!

    ReplyDelete