green grass

green grass

Monday, June 20, 2011

And the summer begins...

Whew, what a blur of a month!! July is quickly approaching, and I’ve no idea where June went – May for that matter too.

The beginning of June brought my college graduation, boy, was that crazy. There were about 1300 people walking for a diploma that day, and every single name was read. The whole ceremony took about 3 hours, but don’t ask me what speeches were about, I have absolutely no clue; my friends and I were most definitely not paying attention. The evening brought a small part/dinner with the people closest to me and who have supported me throughout my life. I am so truly blessed to have such wonderful, Godly people in my life.

For the past few months I have been praying and anxious about graduate school. I was finally accepted (officially about 2 weeks ago), since I finally (after the 3rd time) passed the state Praxis exam. Gah, don’t even get me started on state testing and how incredibly stupid it all is. Honestly, I woke up that morning KNOWING that I was going to see a failing score. I knew it..in fact, I already had other plans of what I was going to do this summer. I already had the admission packet to Sinclair sitting on my desk getting ready to fill it out. My plan was to attend Sinclair for at least a year and go through their Sign Language Interpreting program, then try to get into Wright State’s grad program again next year. In all honesty, I still want to get a SLI degree, so maybe someday. But, God apparently had other plans, and I ended up passing the praxis with a 171 (I needed a 167-Ohio ranks something like #2 in the nation for the highest praxis passing score, by the way). I was so ecstatic about passing and getting accepting into the Master’s program- Yes I DID do a happy dance, thank you!

I will start the program July 19th, so I’ve only got a few weeks of a summer to have fun. This time next year I will be on the hunt for my career path goal of a High School English/Language Arts teacher. So, to kick off the summer, I’ll be driving to Florida with my best friend for a week of vacation-Just the two of us. Look out Florida!! ;) We’ll be staying in her grandparents trailer around Ocala, so We’ll be in the middle of all the old people haha, oh this shall be fun. It’s basically a miracle of God that I’m allowed to go…and I don’t think I’ll actually believe it until we get out of Ohio. Needless to say, my room is pretty much a mess from packing. Oh I’m so excited. FB will certainly be containing many, many photos from the trip.

I also did my first wedding shoot (photography) last weekend. That was interesting..photos turned out decently for what I had to work with : storms…rain…dark tent with no lighting…drunk people...a prego bride…people are so weird.

So, what have I learned in the past month?

- - I am a hoarder…a small scale one. I cleaned my room and found things from elementary school that I still didn’t want to let go of.

- - I really overpack for trips..but you never know what’s gonna happen, right?!

- - Random fact..the Uzi was named after an Israeli guy…huh, that’s cool.

- - Being left handed puts absolutely everything backwards…even laundry folding.

- - I have a few too many green things..especially purse accessories, pens, and shirts..all different shades, but mostly bright.

- - I really don’t do well with medicine that knocks me out or numbs me. The numbing crap for a filling at the dentist made me sick feeling and stupid acting. Oh boy.

- - What not to do at a wedding…please oh, pleeaseee, God, don’t let my wedding be redneck central.

I'm sure there's more, but thats all for now, for I'm in search of my whetstone for sharpening my pocket knife...what good is a knife if its not glittery and sharp? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment