green grass

green grass

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

this & that

Sometimes I feel Indescribable: Words cannot express those things I wish to convey,

Sometimes I hear My own voice: but it’s something foreign, lost and unsafe unlike the ships in bay.

Sometimes I see Things in the mirror: I’m searching through the debris.

I’m staring into the abyss, but the abyss stares into me.


If you only knew why I say the things I do,

Those simple phrases; well maybe they’re more of a cue.

If you only knew the things that transpire behind these hazel eyes,

Maybe I’m just looking for someone to look behind the disguise.


My thoughts can run deeper than the ocean,

You may disagree, but, you couldn’t keep up with the thought motion.

Even broken glass can throw a bright reflection,

Rainbows may be distracting, but it’s the shards that cause introspection.




Things I’ve learned:

- I need to work on getting my thoughts un-scattered.

- Heels are not such an amazing idea to wear when teaching all day. EVEN IF they are super cute. After about 11 hours on your feet, it is NOT a good thing.

- Some students will always have nasty attitudes, and will call you bad names.

- No matter how hard I try, I will not be able to save the world. But I will probably die trying.

- Some people…are just idiots. End of story.

- Some things…never change.

- I wish I had more confidence.

- There are some occasions when I think I am too organized, but it helps keep me sane most times.

- My friends are absolutely amazing. I dont know what i'd do without their support.

- I forgot how “butterflies” feel.

- Learning experiences should not be the same as feelings of self-disappointment, I need to work on feeling proud of myself instead of being my own worst critic.

- It is possible for me to feel beautiful…and it’s also possible for someone else to think so about me.



No comments:

Post a Comment